I love to explore all aspects of beekeeping- from trending topics to scientific articles. Here are my favorite beekeeping websites, in no particular order:
- Girl Next Door Honey and Beekeeping Like a Girl– Hilary runs a great site with blog articles covering most topics, online classes, and some really great apparel and things to buy.
- Honey Bee Suite– I love the Honey Bee Suite! Rusty has many great articles and various recipes for candy boards and things. This site has answered almost all of my new beekeeper questions.
- Bush Farms– Michael knows everything, I think. His website has been a vital resource for me as I desperately look for answers to my quandaries. If you have a question about anything honey bee, start here.
- Scientific Beekeeping– This has been my go to lately, as I have been wanting to expand my understanding on the scientific front on things such as honey bee genetics. If you understand the basics and want to jump in with both feet, read what Randy has to say.
- Keeping Backyard Bees– I subscribe to this newsletter. They have nice articles covering beekeeping, and the newsletter highlights season appropriate topics. Their variety of writers covers a wide array of information.
- Facebook– If you have a facebook, don’t forget to check out the groups there. There are a huge number to choose from. Many of the groups are not very nice to new beekeepers, and I stay out of those. I recommend Beekeeping, Beekeeping Techniques, Women in Beekeeping, Newbie Beekeeping and Backyard Beekeeping.